CoreWeave fell 11.91% Friday to roughly $63, and I think investors focusing only on GPU demand are looking at the wrong variable.
Demand is not CoreWeave's immediate problem.
CoreWeave reported a $104 billion revenue backlog at the end of Q2, before more than $25 billion of additional early-Q3 commitments. Recent capacity has also been contracted at higher prices.
The problem is what it costs to finance all that growth.
CoreWeave bonds that were issued around a 9.7% yield in June recently traded near 15%.
That changes the equation.
AI demand can remain spectacular while the equity performs terribly if the cost of funding the infrastructure rises faster than its economics improve.
π΄ THE NUMBER I CARE ABOUT IS NOT GPU ORDERS
CoreWeave needs enormous capital before much of its contracted revenue becomes cash.
That makes this equation more important than another Nvidia headline:
Contracted revenue - infrastructure cost - interest expense = value left for shareholders.
A huge backlog is bullish.
A huge backlog financed at increasingly punitive rates is much less attractive.
This is why I would watch CoreWeave's bonds alongside CRWV stock.
If the stock rebounds but bond yields remain distressed, I would distrust the rally.
If both recover together, that is much more meaningful.
π’ WHY I AM NOT CALLING CRWV BROKEN
The demand side remains extremely strong.
The backlog provides substantial visibility, Nvidia remains strategically connected to CoreWeave, and customers still need enormous amounts of AI compute.
So the market may now be pricing two extremes against each other:
π’ AI infrastructure demand is booming
π΄ Financing that boom may destroy too much shareholder value
The opportunity appears if CoreWeave proves it can convert the first into cash faster than the second consumes it.
π¦ MY CRWV PICK LEVELS
At approximately $63, I would not aggressively average down yet.
π‘ $60-$64: SPECULATIVE FIRST PICK
Small position only.
π’ $52-$57: PREFERRED SPECULATIVE PICK
Much better asymmetry if contracts and demand remain intact.
π’ $45-$50: DEEP VALUE / HIGH-RISK PICK
Only if the credit picture is stabilising. Cheap equity with worsening credit is not necessarily cheap.
π‘ $68-$72: FIRST RECOVERY
I want CRWV back above here quickly.
π’ $75-$80: REVERSAL CONFIRMATION
This would suggest the market is beginning to look through the credit scare.
π’ Above $85: BULLISH BREAKOUT
Then $95-$100 becomes realistic again.
π΄ Below $45: THESIS CHECK
π΅ MY 2-4 WEEK PREDICTION
π‘ 45% BASE CASE: $55-$75
Credit fears remain elevated, but strong AI demand prevents complete capitulation. CRWV attempts several rebounds without immediately establishing a new uptrend.
π’ 25% BULL CASE: $75-$90
Bond yields retreat, financing fears ease and investors refocus on backlog and contracted demand.
Above $75-$80, the rebound could become violent.
π΄ 30% BEAR CASE: $42-$55
CoreWeave debt continues selling off.
Then equity investors stop debating valuation and start demanding a much larger credit-risk discount.
That is the scenario where I absolutely do not average down blindly.
π΄ COULD THIS SPREAD BEYOND COREWEAVE?
Yes, but I would separate companies aggressively.
CRWV: highest credit sensitivity.
NBIS: watch closely because investors may apply the same AI-infrastructure financing concerns.
NVDA: very different situation. Nvidia sells the scarce compute powering the buildout rather than carrying CoreWeave's financing structure.
This is why my preferred way to own the AI boom remains the companies controlling the bottleneck, rather than automatically owning whoever borrows most aggressively to build around it.
If CRWV falls while NVDA holds relatively well, the market is distinguishing between AI demand risk and AI financing risk.
That distinction is extremely important.
π¦ MY TRAFFIC LIGHT
π’ CRWV $52-$57 + stabilising bonds: BUYABLE SPECULATION
π‘ CRWV $60-$70 + distressed bonds: WAIT / SMALL ONLY
π’ CRWV above $75 + improving credit: RECOVERY TRADE
π΄ Falling stock + worsening bonds: DO NOT CATCH THE KNIFE
MY CALL
I think CRWV can produce a sharp rebound from these levels, but I am not yet calling $63 the bottom.
My 2-4 week base case is $55-$75.
The number I want most is $75.
But the signal I want most is not actually in the stock.
It is in the bond market.
If CRWV bonds stabilise and the stock reclaims $75, I become substantially more bullish.
If bonds keep deteriorating while CRWV falls below $55, I would rather wait for $45-$50 than convince myself that AI demand alone will rescue the equity.
The AI boom is not necessarily breaking.
The market is starting to ask a more sophisticated question:
Who captures the AI economics after the lenders get paid?
That could become one of the most important stock-picking questions of this AI cycle.
I am not a financial advisor. Trade wisely, Comrades!
My 2-4 week base case: $55-$75. Do you think CRWV sees $80 or $50 first?
If you find this post interesting, give it wings! πͺ½ Repost and share the insights.
Do consider βFollow meβ and get firsthand read of my daily new post. Thank you.
@Daily_Discussion @TigerPM @TigerStars @TigerEvents @Tiger_SG
Comments